Ms. Daniels has been a member of Daniels Law Group, LLC since the inception. Ms. Daniels obtained her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver, College of Law, in 1983. She began her domestic practice when she was appointed as Magistrate for the 21st Judicial District in 1987. During her tenure as a District Court Magistrate, in the 21st Judicial District, Ms. Daniels was appointed to the Child Support Commission, by Governor Romer, and helped to create the current child support guidelines and legislation. In 1994, Ms. Daniels entered into private practice and established the current law firm in 2005. Ms. Daniels has extensive litigation practice in the area of child and family matters, parental responsibility evaluations, and complex financial matters involved in dissolution cases. Ms. Daniels and her family reside in Grand Junction, Colorado.
Heidi received her Juris Doctorate and Masters of Social Work from the University of Georgia in 2007 where she was the recipient of the Shelley D. Knox Equal Justice Award and the Ellen R. Jordan Award for Exceptional Achievement in Public Interest. Before entering private practice in 2014, Heidi spent seven years at the Colorado Public Defender’s Office. She negotiated thousands of cases, conducted over 40 jury trials, drafted and argued countless motions, and developed a reputation for zealous advocacy.
Many cases can be resolved quickly and quietly, however, in some situations justice can only be achieved through litigation. Heidi has a superior knowledge of the rules of evidence and uses her courtroom experience to benefit her clients. She also has specialized knowledge regarding addiction and mental health, which can be significant issues in dissolution and custody disputes. Heidi has been a board member of Mesa County Community Corrections and Correctional Alternative Placement Services in Craig, Colorado. In her free-time she enjoys college football and spending time outdoors with her husband and daughter.
Areas Of Practice
• Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce)
• High Asset Marital Dissolution
• Legal Separation
• Business Valuations
• Valuation and Protection of Professional Practices
• Qualified Domestic Relations Orders
• Pension Valuations
• House and Real Estate Valuations
• Investment Valuations
• Domestic Relations Order (Public Employees’ Retirement Association)
• Settlement and Litigation regarding Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
• Child Support (Both Pre and Post Dissolution)
• Spousal Support/Maintenance (formerly known as Alimony)
• Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, Time, & Decision-Making Issues
• Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Issues